ATTENTION ALL PROFESSIONALS IN THE FIELDS OF ADDICTION AND MENTAL HEALTH
YOU ARE INVITED TO AN EDUCATIONAL SEMINAR ON DUAL DIAGNOSIS
“UNDERSTANDING DUAL DIAGNOSIS AND IMPLEMENTING EFFECTIVE RECOVERY PROTOCOLS”
- Dual Diagnosis is rapidly on the increase
- Therapists are facing major challenges in effectively dealing with Dual Diagnosis patients
- Most Mental Health and Addiction Recovery facilities are unable to cope with the condition
- Many patients are not receiving the correct treatment which aggravates the condition
Frequently asked questions that will be discussed:
- Exactly what is Dual Diagnosis?
- Why is Dual Diagnosis on the increase?
- Is addiction a precursor to mental illness or is mental illness a precursor to addiction?
- Can both conditions be treated with the same protocol?
- What is the prognosis for Dual Diagnosis?
- What are the implications with the DSM 5?
When: Saturday 01 February at 10:00 till 15:00 (Five sessions)
Where: Life Recovery Centre, 31 Mulbarton Road, Lonehill
Presenter: John Smith
Cost: R300 per person – includes snacks, notes and a certificate of attendance
RSVP: John – 082 728 4766 or email@example.com. Limited seating available. Reservation upon confirmation of payment.
John Smith is a Certified Recovery Coach and Acudetox Specialist and is widely recognised for his work in the field of obsessive, compulsive and addictive behaviours, specialising in substance abuse and dual diagnosis. He has conducted numerous talks, seminars and workshops at business breakfasts, educational facilities, rehabilitation and recovery facilities, as well as numerous radio interviews.
John currently heads up the Professional Standards Body of UACT, a Recovery Coaching Training Academy, consults for various recovery facilities, sees individual recovery coaching clients, while continuing to conduct various public presentations. He is also the founder and facilitator of Recovery Coaching International.