Supporting recovery involves moving away from a focus on treating addiction and towards promoting well-being. This will involve transformation, in which professional models become part of a larger understanding of the person.
The Five Recovery Pathways are:
• Hope - What does a person believing that they can get better have to do with their recovery?
• Choice - How does having choices promote (increase) a person’s identity?
• Empowerment - Why does the person recovering need the power?
• Recovery Environment - Why must a recovery environment be one that maintains a “caring” level of consciousness in order for people to recover?
• Spirituality - How can spirituality give a person a meaning and purpose?